Packing clothes: tips for packing clothing
A Wrinkle Free Move
Plan to pack your clothing with the same level of care you put into moving your kitchen and fragile items. Invest in wardrobe moving boxes for any clothes that need hangers, boxes for your wrapped shoes, and luggage for folded clothes and handbags. You'll be thankful when you unpack your clean, wrinkle-free clothes from a well-organized pack!
1. Purge - use your move as the perfect opportunity to get rid of unwanted or unused clothing. This way, you only pack the clothes you want to keep
2. Use wardrobe moving boxes – Bird’s Moving provides free wardrobe cartons for the day of the move on all local moves or you can purchase wardrobe cartons you wish to keep. Pack wardrobe boxes with clothing you would typically dry clean and have ironed to minimize wrinkles. Do not over pack wardrobe moving boxes as they can get very heavy. If you have extra space, stuff the box with light items such as pillows.
3. Pack your suitcase! – All those vacation suitcases can be put to a good use during moving. Pack your folded items, including tee shirts, sweaters, jeans, shorts, and underclothes. Handbags can be laid out flat in a suitcase as well.
4. Pack shoes in boxes - Wrap dressy shoes in ink-free paper and stuff with paper if you'll be stacking them, and place them in a box.
5. Pack an overnight bag - to save yourself the hassle of looking through your clothes for a change of clothing. Pack a small bag with toiletries and clothing essentials so you're composed while you're unpacking.
In your new home, unpacking should be a breeze.
You can use your purchased empty wardrobe boxes for storage of winter/summer clothes.